SUBMIT A SCIPT
Nu Sass Productions is now accepting open submissions for NU DRAFTS play reading and bar crawl in Washington, DC.
Submissions are rolling, and plays will be considered for spring or fall. There is no submission fee.
Nu Sass Productions is committed to supporting emerging regional playwrights through the development and production of new plays.
- Plays must be one act no more than 25 minutes, and have a cast size of no more than eight. Doubling should only occur for artistic reasons, not to reduce cast size.
- Plays submitted must be unpublished and unproduced (readings, workshops, showcases are okay).
- Plays must be written by playwrights who are based in the greater DC/Baltimore area.
- We invite playwrights to attend performances, and to be involved in the rehearsal process as much as possible.
- One submission per playwright, please.
- Submission is by email only, to casting @ nusass . com. All scripts should be attached in PDF format.
- Finalists will be notified at least 1 month before performance
- Playwrights should be open to receiving feedback during the rehearsal process as well as from the audience during potential post-show discussions.
- Submissions will be blindly evaluated. Please do not put the playwright’s name on the script, synopsis, or character breakdown. Please include your full name and the name of the script in the body of your submission email.
All playwrights should include with their submission (not in the script body):
- A brief synopsis of the play (no more than half a page).
- A brief character breakdown.
- A history of the play’s development (if any).
- The playwright’s professional bio.
- A full script.
Send an email to email@example.com